Unemployment Insurance Information
If you are looking to file unemployment as a direct result of COVID-19 (separated from employment, have had work hours reduced, or are prevented from working due to a medical condition caused by COVID-19 or due to communicable disease control measures), the fastest and most efficient way to file a new claim is to file online at des.nc.gov. If you don’t have access to a computer, you may file over the phone by calling 888-737-0259.
Learn more about Applying for Unemployment.
Call North Carolina 2-1-1
NC 2-1-1 is an information and referral service that families and individuals can call to obtain free and confidential information on health and human services resources within their community. NC 2-1-1 operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year and resources are available in most languages. Call 2-1-1.
Coping During COVID-19
- Coping During Infectious Disease Outbreaks
- Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health: Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Social Isolation During Infectious Disease Outbreaks
- How to Cope With Anxiety About Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Staying Connected While Keeping Your Distance
- Legal Aid – Variety of resources on topics including court information, evictions, and foreclosures, food bank information, Marketplace coverage, and much more.