Organizations providing rapid-response relief for businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic
For information on supply chain resources, funding resources, counseling and government resources: EDPNC Business Relief Resources
For businesses that may be looking at layoffs or closing, this link has information on how/when to file a WARN notice.
NC COVID-19 Rapid Response Recovery for Small Business
The Golden LEAF Foundation announced $15 million in funding to launch a rapid recovery loan program in response to economic losses related to COVID-19. Golden LEAF funding will support the NC COVID-19 Rapid Recovery Loan Program by enabling loans to be made to eligible businesses for up to $50,000 with zero interest and no payments for six months. If not repaid in six months, the loan will automatically convert to a term loan.
SBA Assistance Resources
The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in modified and additional SBA resources to help our small businesses, small aquacultural businesses, small agricultural cooperatives and/or most private nonprofit organizations.
Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDLs) The SBA has approved the North Carolina Governor’s request for a disaster declaration, and you may begin the application process. Applicants are encouraged to apply online. Click here for more info.
SBA Resources for Counseling and Training
The following SBA backed organizations provide assistance to small businesses in the state; email and phone counseling are available.
- Small Business and Technology and Development Center (SBTDC)
- Women’s Business Centers: Asheville area Charlotte area
Small Business Resources
- The Small Business Association (SBA) has developed a COVID-19 Disaster Assistance page, to provide information on their available disaster relief loans.
- The SBA Administrator, Jovita Carranza, announced automatic deferments through December 31, 2020 for borrowers still paying back SBA loans from previous disasters. For more information, please click here.
- For information on supply chain resources, funding resources, counseling, and government resources: EDPNC Business Relief Resources
- NC Commerce Employer Resource Guide
- WARN Notice – For businesses that may be looking at layoffs or closing, click here for information on how/when to file a WARN notice
- Unemployment Insurance – For the most recent information, please click here.
- COVID-19 Main Street Resources
- Fair Labor Standards Act Resources
- Manufactured NC – Resources for supply chain disruptions
- Business Edge counseling services, including layoff aversion strategies
- OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- NC Emergency Management – Resources for recovery and emergency preparedness
- NC Department of Agriculture – Disaster planning for farms and agribusinesses
- Business Link NC – If your business wants to be informed of future resources available for small businesses, please call 800.228.8449 to register your interest.