NCWorks Engages with Hundreds of Local Students During March
During the month of March, NCWorks staff participated in multiple high school career awareness events across the High Country region where staff had the opportunity to engage with local students sharing information on center services, and employment and training opportunities in the area.
- March 1: NCWorks participated in the Alleghany County High School Career Fair.
- March 1: NCWorks conducted a soft skills workshop at Mountain Heritage High School (Yancey County) as part of its College and Career Day event.
- March 4: NCWorks staff participated in the Wilkes Central High School Career Fair.
- March 18: NCWorks staff presented “Success in the Workplace” at Tri-County Christian School of Spruce Pine (Mitchell County).
- March 24: NCWorks staff participated in the West Wilkes High School World of Opportunities conference.
- March 25: NCWorks staff presented to Alleghany County High School students.
- March 25: NCWorks staff participated in the Avery County High School Career Fair.