Labor Market Information
As a part of our services to the business, economic development and educational communities, we provide labor market analysis, comprehensive economic forecasting, and economic impact data acquired through EMSI, a web-based subscription program. Data comes from 90 state and federal government sources and is updated regularly.
These services include:
- Economic Forecasting reports – provides current statistics and up to 10-year projections for the growth and decline of jobs by industry, jobs by occupation, and demographics for a selected county or region, in addition to current unemployment data.
- Economic Impact reports – input-output modeling, easy-to-use analysis of industries, industry clusters, and regional economic base. This is a critical tool used for understanding a region’s current economy and planning for future economic challenges and opportunities.
- Career Pathway reports – provides data and analysis related to occupational competency (knowledge, skills and ability) requirements, regional human capital, and ways of identifying employment and retraining opportunities for dislocated of unemployed workers.
- EMSI GIS reports – economic data can be mapped to show comparisons, density, and regional tendencies.
- If you are interested in a specific forecast report, contact Rebecca Bloomquist at our office at (828) 265-5434 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
North Carolina Star Jobs
North Carolina Star Jobs is a new way to help job seekers learn about promising occupations. Ratings are based on projected job openings, wages, and projected growth rate. Visit the Star Jobs web page on the NC Department of Commerce to learn more.
Quick Links to Statewide Brochures